SAI has comprehensively investigated the global and Chinese data center market with the following key takeaways:
- Due to increasing amount of data processed today, the number of data centers is growing rapidly in China and around the globe, and it is expected to continue to witness a promising outlook thanks to the rapid development of AI, 5G, blockchain and industrial computation
- The world’s top three data center markets, USA, Japan and Europe, account for 60% of the world’s total IT investment. USA alone has 40% of large data centers in the world
- USA continues to be the market leader in terms of data center products, technology and standard
- Asia Pacific exhibits fastest growth, mainly due to China
- In China, first-tier cities such as Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou and Shenzhen have the most concentrated data center resources
- China Telecom, China Mobile and China Unicom have the largest market shares in China thanks to their monopoly of bandwidth resources
- Since power infrastructure and electricity bill take up a large share in the overall cost of constructing and running data centers, reducing the cost for purchasing power equipment and enhancing electricity utilization efficiency are key to cutting the cost of data centers
SAI is well positioned to support clients in navigating business opportunities in the data center industry and relevant cutting-edge segments, such as 5G, AI, blockchain and industrial computation. SAI conducts authentic primary interviews with players along the value chain to provide fact-based insights that help clients to develop actionable investment strategies and to formulate effective marketing and sales activities.
SAI has developed a complimentary short executive briefing on the topic. For a copy of this document or to discuss how SAI may support your business, please contact John Connor at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 610-320-6100 Ext. 233.